Be energy-wise and reduce your carbon footprint
See how many planets we would need if everyone lived like you with this fun and interactive carbon footprint calculator!
Improve the energy efficiency of your home:
- Switch to new and improved light bulbs such as LED.
- Wash clothes in cold water to save $63 a year.
- Install a programmable thermostat to save up to 10% on cooling and heating costs.
- Use your window shades. Close blinds on the sunny side in summer to keep out the hot sun, and open them in winter to bring in warm rays.
- Turn off all lights, appliances and electronics not in use. Unplug chargers and appliances when not in use.
- Clean or change filters regularly. A dirty furnace or A/C filter will slow down air flow and make the system work harder to keep you warm or cool.
- Reduce water heater temperature to 130° F to save energy and money on heating water; and wrap the water storage tank
in a specially-designed “blanket” to retain the heat.
- Seal air leaks and properly insulate to save up to 20% on heating and cooling bills, while also increasing home comfort.
Stop junk mail: